TPO is the fastest growing commercial roofing membrane on the market today.
Since the installation of the first TPO roofs in the early nineties, hundreds of millions of square meters of UltraPly TPO roofing membranes have been successfully installed worldwide. Some of the many reasons for the continued growth of TPO are listed below:
- TPO is highly resistant to tears, impacts, and punctures with good flexibility to allow for building movement
- Membrane’s flexibility allows for a rapid installation and requires little maintenance
- A light coloured roof that reflects the sun’s energy can play a significant role in reducing the buildings cooling costs
- TPO membranes are heat-welded at 926ºC with a hot-air gun. The result is a fused seam that’s stronger than the field of the membrane
- TPO membranes contain no toxic or hazardous ingredients and are fully recyclable
Many companies and organizations are thrilled with the environmental benefits of TPO membranes. The Earth Rangers Centre (ERC) in Woodbridge, Ontario installed an UltraPly™ TPO roof on their office building, which is currently one of the most energy efficient buildings in Canada. Operating at less than 9kWh per square foot, and using nearly 90% less energy than other buildings of its size, TPO provided the reflective roof that works in conjunction with skylights and solar panels that helped ERC reach that impressive level of sustainability.